Heading into a brand new buying and selling week, here’s a fast roundup of the highest 5 tales from the expertise, company and cryptocurrency sectors that buyers wouldn’t wish to miss out on from the weekend.
1. Twitter Revamps Below New CEO: Twitter Inc.’s (NASDAQ:TWTR) new CEO Parag Agrawal has reorganized the corporate’s administration workforce in his first week on the firm’s helm. Twitter, which is shifting to a Basic Supervisor mannequin, mentioned in a regulatory submitting that engineering lead Michael Montano in addition to design and analysis lead Dantley Davis will step down from their positions on the finish of the yr.
2. Randi Zuckerberg Says Shiba Inu Has Turn into Mainstream: Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Meta Platforms Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) CEO Mark Zuckerberg, has mentioned that Shiba Inu (CRYPTO: SHIB), the self-described “Dogecoin (CRYPTO: DOGE)-killer,” has gone mainstream. In a video printed on her official YouTube channel, Randi additionally added that she believes each Shiba Inu and Dogecoin have a possibility to develop regardless of their rivalry.
3. Alibaba Reorganizes Amid Headwinds: Chinese language e-commerce large Alibaba Group Holding Restricted (NYSE:BABA) has replaced its long-standing CFO and introduced a reorganization of its e-commerce enterprise into two new models. The Jack Ma-founded firm, which was the primary amongst main Chinese language tech corporations to really feel the pinch from a regulatory crackdown by Beijing final yr, mentioned its deputy chief monetary officer Toby Xu will succeed Maggie Wu as CFO from April subsequent yr.
4. Bitcoin, Altcoins Commerce Weak After “Bloody Saturday”: Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) and different main cryptocurrencies continued to trade weak on Sunday night after a “bloody Saturday” sell-off as a consequence of concern surrounding a hike in rates of interest and the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus. Bitcoin was down 2.3% over the past 24 hours, buying and selling at $48,303.99 at press time early Monday.
5. Elon Musk’s Wealth Drops $15B Amid Market Promote-Off: The web value of Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk — the world’s richest particular person — fell by $15.2 billion on Friday as shares of Tesla and different tech corporations tumbled amid a broader market selloff following a discouraging November jobs report coupled with issues surrounding the coronavirus omicron variant.
What Else: Amongst different tales from the weekend, buyers would wish to take a look at the EV week in review, the ten weirdest Beatles covers of all time, how Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS) continued to dominate the U.S. field workplace, and information that Cathie-Wooden led Ark Make investments bought extra shares in Tesla whereas loading up on shares in DocuSign Inc. (NASDAQ:DOCU) on Friday.
In the meantime, CNN, a division of AT&T Inc.’s (NYSE:T) WarnerMedia, has fired Chris Cuomo following the revelations of how the primetime anchor helped his brother and former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo reply to sexual harassment accusations.